Tuesday 24 February 2015

Banners and painting and some driving on a truck!

Hi!

There is this one thing, that third graders in high school do every year, and now it was my turn. 
We go to celebrate that our school ends on trucks that carry 20 of us each, and all kinds of funny banners of our teachers, and banners that make a joke out of some piece of news that has been discussed a lot lately. There is also usually a theme that we follow and this year it was cartoons from the time when we were little :) 
Examples: 

  • The blue house bear
  • Teletubbies
  • Pocahontas
  • Chinese children movies, like Totoro
  • Pokemon... etc
I did two banners and I have a few pictures of the truck drive, so I point out what is my making if there are ones.
All the trucks from all of the high schools in Oulu were making a queue, and I was in the first one!

Painted two of my teachers as cats from "The Cat returns" :D and added utterances that the teachers overuse!
Doing these banners showed me how fun it can be to do things in a regular basis. It took many hours of planning to come up with matching characters from cartoon world, and the painting it self taught me to be patient and try again, I am so glad that once the paint is dry, you can just paint it again and no one sees your mistake from underneath. I had my share of the responsibility of doing these on time so even though there were a bit of a rush in the end, I refused to panic and just did what I had planned because it is not beneficial to change plans after such long time from the planning. I learned that having responsibility over something means that you also get rewarded, if the plan proved out to be successful and the end product pleases everyone, and not just the fact that if something would go wrong you'd know who to look with despise in your eyes... just kidding, I would not be so harsh on someone ever :)

The learning outcome of this was: Planned and Initiated activities, which means that I was responsible for planning and doing the banners with two of my schoolmates. I learned to plan well, and design banners that were consistent in quality. I also learned to time my action accordingly.

I thank everyone now, that have supported my increased painting costs at home, which helped me to finish those beautiful banners. This was my last update so, see ya in next life, MAYBE.... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment